We are so excited that the Class of 2K13 Launch is here that we just had to give something away. In fact, our excitement levels are SO HIGH that not only are we having our HUGE LAUNCH DAY GIVEAWAY that starts today, but in the coming weeks we have several more giveaways planned!
We’ll have more details on our future giveaways later, but right now we want to focus on our HUGE LAUNCH DAY GIVEAWAY!
Why is it HUGE? Why we do keep insisting on typing in CAPS? Maybe we’ve always dreamed of being the announcer on a used car commercial. Maybe we’ve had too much caffeine today. Or maybe we haven’t had enough caffeine. Really… why ask why?
Let’s move on to the prizes. The big prize… err, sorry. The HUGE prize consists of (drum roll please):
a $50 Barnes and Noble Giftcard!
Oooooh. Isn’t it pretty?
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL!!!
You will also receive all of the items pictured below…
What is this random assortment of treats and delights? (Go ahead and click on the pic for a better view of the bounty) They are all items inspired by our debut novels.
1. Pretty in Pink Golf Tee Caddy from Liz Fichera’s novel HOOKED, which is the story of a Native American girl golfer.
2. An elephant from GOLDEN BOY by Tara Sullivan. This item was chosen because there are many parallels between the way the main character must run for his life and the way that people poach elephants for ivory.
3a and 3b. Ghirandelli chocolate bar and Listerine Breath Strips from Kate Karyus Quinn’s ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE. Annaliese, the main character, at the beginning of the book finds that chocolate makes her violently ill. To get rid of the terrible chocolate taste, she tries a Listerine Breath Strip and soon becomes addicted to them.
4. In BRIANNA ON THE BRINK by Nicole McInnes one of her characters is obsessed with two things: reruns of Walker, Texas Ranger and Werther’s Original Candies.
5. Dark Chocolate Peanut M&M’s are brought to us by K.A. Barson’s 45 POUNDS (MORE OR LESS) because customized M&M’s play a role in her story.
6. This pretty little notebook is from OCD LOVE STORY by Corey Ann Haydu because her narrator is always taking notes.
7. There’s gold in Liesl Shurtliff’s RUMP: THE TRUE STORY OF RUMPELSTILTSKIN and that’s why her contribution is Hershey’s Golden Nuggets.
8. In Justina Ireland’s novel VENGEANCE BOUND, her main character has a scene where she enjoys some hot cocoa and chocolate donuts while at a convenience store.
9. You may need to click on the picture to see this one a little better, and it is definitely worth a second look – much like the book it’s brought to you by. That book is Debra Driza’s MILA 2.0 and the item is a robot tea infuser. How does these two things connect? Well in MILA 2.0 the character learns that she is less than human, and soon thereafter ends up in hot water (unlike the tea infuser, not literally).
10. An amazingly bright mini flashlight comes from Tamera Will Wissinger’s GONE FISHING, since the book begins outside after dark with a flashlight.
11. You probably already know the significance of a water bottle by just reading the title of Mindy McGinnis’s novel: NOT A DROP TO DRINK.
12. This adorable Beanie Baby lamb comes from a book that seems less soft and cuddly, Geoffrey Girard’s PROJECT CAIN. So how do these two connect? Well the book is about serial killers that are the result of cloning and the first mammal to ever be cloned… was a sheep named Dolly.
13. Oh don’t those Doritos look delicious? Just imagine if like Cristin Terrill’s main character, Em, in ALL OUR YESTERDAYS you had just escaped a secret military facility, and this was your first non-prison food for months. Like her, I bet you wouldn’t be able to believe how amazing they taste.
14. This item is another one that deserves a close-up. From Polly Holyoke’s THE NEPTUNE PROJECT we have a gorgeous murano glass dolphin and a incredibly delicate mermaid charm both strung on a pretty blue ribbon. As the novel takes place undersea, the connection here is fairly obvious.
15. This adorably tiny four pack of Canada Dry Ginger Ale represents the beverage of choice for Caela Carter’s pregnant teenager in ME, HIM, THEM, AND IT.
16. In MAID OF SECRETS by Jennifer McGowan secrets are a way of life for her main character, Meg Fellowes. Now with this diary – complete with lock and key – you can keep your own secrets safe, too.
17. And FINALLY, a delightful snack food with an even better name comes from IN THE AFTER by Demitria Lunetta. Her main character has a supply of Twinkies and finds they are the perfect food for post-apocalyptic survival. Gotta get those calories somehow!
I think you have to agree that THAT is a huge pile of stuff. BUT that is still not all!
There are three more items that will be added to that pile.
From Lydia Kang’s CONTROL an onyx and silver necklace that her character wears throughout the book.
These dog tags are perfect for the military academy based THE CADET OF TILDOR by Alex Lidell.
Now the only question left is: What do you need to do to win all of this? It’s easy and there are lots of ways to put your name into the hat and increase your odds of winning. Just head on over to our facebook page or you can go directly to our Rafflecopter to see all the different ways you can maximum your chances of winning!